Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday

What a day.  Amazing how all of the stuff we did today didn't distract us from remembering what today is all about.  We are trying to teach the girls the importance of this weekend and how we should celebrate this everyday not just once a year and all they can say is, "so when are we going to dye eggs Mom?"  Makes you wonder why you even open your mouth in the first place.  But then later in the day they amaze me by saying, Mom, Easter is about Jesus dying on the cross for our sins."  I guess that's why we open our mouths....

So.....I have learned to not let the distractions of life cloud our view of this weekend and how important it is to teach our kids as much as we can about our Savior and what he is all about.


Tomorrow should be fun dying eggs and decorating sugar cookies and getting baskets ready from "the Easter Bunny" of course.  Think I'm still getting the dye off my hands from last year....

Heather :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment